Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Some Favorite Marinades

here are some of my favorite marinades right now:

Rosemary Ranch Chicken (from Kathy M.)

1/2 C. olive oil
1/2 C. ranch dressing
3 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. minced fresh rosemary or 1 t. dried
2 t. salt
1 t. lemon juice
1 t. white vinegar
1/4 t. ground black pepper, or to taste
5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

In a large ziplock bag, mix together all of the ingredients, except the chicken, and let stand for 5 minutes. Add chicken. Let marinate for several hours or freeze chicken in the marinade. Grill.

These are great as a main dish or I'll do one or two chicken breasts and dice up to top dinner salads or slice to put in chicken bakes.


Smokey Rasberry Chipotle

1 C. Rasberry Chipotle sauce

1-2 t. liquid smoke

I've done this marinade over pork loin, allow to marinate and then broil.

Garlic and Miso

1 C. Angelo Pietro's Sesame and Miso Salad dressing
2 t. chopped garlic (at least!)

I usually do this over pork chops or last time I sliced up some pork loin. Marinate a couple of hours or freeze. Pan fry with salt and pepper.

I used to have my mom send me this salad dressing from Hawaii but I've found it in Austin at the chinese market off of Lamar just south of Braker. Surprisingly, they make it here in TX but only sell it there. Definitely worth the special trip - stock up! The orange top is yummy too - not as spicey as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment