Monday, May 17, 2010

Fried Chicken

I don't frying things on a regular basis, but when I do, here is how I like to fry my chicken. I'll apologize before hand for not having exact amounts!

Chicken
salt
pepper
egg
equal parts of flour and cornstarch

Usually I do drumsticks and wings for however many people I want to feed. I salt and pepper the chicken first. Then break an egg over the chicken. From there I add equal parts of flour and cornstarch (maybe about 2-3 T) just so that I can mix it up with my hand and it forms a bit of a batter around the chicken. If it looks too dry, add another egg. If it looks like it could use a bit more batter, add another T of flour and cornstarch. The batter isn't drenching the chicken, just coating it. (when it's wet it won't look like it'll cover the whole thing, but once you fry it, it will be fine.)

From there, fry the chicken about 10 minutes or until there is not longer blood on the bone. You can fry the chicken twice to make it a little more crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment