Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hot, Fresh Tortillas

A few months ago I learned how to make tortillas at home, and I haven't bought tortillas at the store since.  After my youngest made them by herself tonight, I realized how truly easy they are to make.

Buy tortilla flour mix and add water.  (There are instructions right on the package.)
Add water, mix, then knead for a few minutes.
Divide into little balls, roll them out.
Cook them on a hot skillet or griddle.
When it bubbles up a little, flip and cook for a few more seconds.  Done!

The house smells fantastic, and the family starts wandering into the kitchen to see what's for dinner.  I probably used the "White Wings" brand, but since it's in a canister now, I can't be sure. I just clip the measurement ratio chart off the bag and tuck it into the canister. If an 8 year old can make them, anyone can!

No comments:

Post a Comment