Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cookie request

Made these cookies last week and was asked to share the recipe.  I had a bunch of M&M's from a party so I subbed them for half the chocolate chips.  Yummy and colorful!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C crisco, butter flavored
3/4 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 t vanilla
2 eggs, room temperature
2  3/4 C flour
3/4 t salt
1 t baking soda
2 1/2 C chocolate chips

Beat butter, crisco, and both sugars until light and fluffy.  Add in vanilla and eggs and mix well.  Add in flour, salt and baking soda and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips (and in my case M&M's).  At this point, the recipe says to bake.  However, I chilled my dough and I think it helped them keep their shape a little better.  It would also be easy to scoop the dough and freeze, then bake when you need them.  When you're ready to, bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until barely cracked on top and lightly browned on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment