Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Garlic Green Beans



So I've made a goal to add some more interest here by adding photos (when possible).  Good excuse to combine two of my loves: food + photography = food photography!  Why it's taken me this long, well, all you moms out there know why...

Back to the food part.  This is one of my family's favorite side dishes.  Even my youngest who is a veggie purist (doesn't like any sauce or seasoning on her veggies) likes it.  Super easy and fast, and so fancy feeling.

Ingredients:
french green beans (frozen or fresh)
garlic, chopped or pressed
olive oil/butter or combo of both
sea/kosher salt
pepper

It's one of those recipes that you tweak to the way you like it.

1.  Heat a little olive oil and/or butter on high in a large saute pan.  Add garlic and green beans.  Cook to desired tenderness.  We like the little bits of burnt beans and crisp garlic.

2. Season with salt and pepper. 

3 comments:

  1. those look yummy. i have a recipe almost like that, but add shallots, almonds and some balsamic vinegar. it's a bit fussy and i'm a purist myself. i'll have to give yours a go. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have found my next dinner. Golly, does your picture look tasty!

    ReplyDelete