Sunday, June 20, 2010

Herbed Onion Focaccia with Basil Vinaigrette Dressing

This is from the pampered chef book, which I recently found and became a fun thing to add to pasta meals (like a pizza without all the pizza ingredients), especially cause I've got fresh basil bushes in the back that I LOVE! and some starts of oregano. I recently got some tarragon that I added also. I assume you can experiment with the herbs you want to put on it.

1 loaf frozen bread dough (I don't have this luxury here to I just do a quick pizza dough)
2 t olive oil
1 onion, sliced in rings
3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
fresh basil leaves
fresh oregano
1/4 C Parmesan cheese

Saute the onion and garlic in oil until the onion is tender and garlic turns golden brown (I actually like it when the onion are a little caramelized, even looks burnt). Prepare the dough and spread onto a pizza stone. Brush the olive oil over the bread. Spread the onion and garlic mix over the dough and sprinkle the herbs around it also. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese (I actually usually just use a local brand cheese. I bet you could use the cheese of your choice as long as it's not too strong to over power the herbs.) Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. Serve.

I usually use this dressing to dip the bread in:

Basil Vinaigrette Dressing
1 C olive oil
1/3 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C honey
3 T fresh basil
2 cloves minced fresh garlic

In a bowl whisk together.

2 comments:

  1. yum!!! I can't wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! I have fresh basil that I need to use too. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete